Call today to find out how I can bring your ideas to life! 941.302.2081
This project encompasses a series of additions and renovations to a three story builder home on Longboat Key. The main project, completed in 2015, includes a complete re-work of the entrance and interior circulation within the home, along with a new Grand Entry Stair, Guest Bath and Laundry addition. LED interior lighting, high-efficiency climate control, and Energy Star rated hurricane windows helped the Owners meet their energy efficiency and storm mitigation goals. A third story Game Room is planned for next year.
This 1,300 S.F. Bar addition to the Bradenton Yacht Club is located adjacent to the existing Clubhouse, and between the existing swimming pool terrace and the north bank of the Manatee River. I designed it as an illuminated canopy supported on un-braced columns, an approach that maximizes the sense of openness to the outdoors. The consistency of the palette of materials and colors between the new Bar and the existing Club support the sense that it’s always been there.
Design is a process that empowers you to make informed decisions about your project. It is a process of inquiry, discussion, testing and conclusion. Design can embody your values and help you reach your goals.
• Many people have “champagne tastes and beer budgets”. The design process helps to identify what is most important in a project, and find value within a range of choices.
• Design is more than fulfilling a wish, there are always real-world aspects like structural stability and constructibility that need to be considered. Designs that won’t stand up or can’t be built by available trades won’t leave the drawing board.
• Nature, climate and wildlife will play their part in the life of the building, whether they are considered during the design process or not. It is smart to anticipate and accommodate them.
• A thoughtful design can improve your health and productivity through better indoor air quality, low-toxicity building systems, and daylighting.
• Zoning, floodplain management, and building code requirements have a strong influence over what is allowed, and need to be considered every step of the way. Neighborhood associations have their own set of rules as well.
• Design can empower you to know what you are buying, more than ever. Multiple software packages now support 3d modeling from almost all desktops. It’s a far better way to communicate what a project would look like, internally and externally, than traditional 2d floor plans and elevations.
• The developed design is codified in the construction drawings and specifications, which illustrate and describe the intent of the project. All of the information must be organized by industry convention, such that the contractor and tradesmen know where to identify the work they are responsible for.
Call Today to Schedule a Free Initial Appointment! 941.302.2081